Honors and Awards
- June 2007: EC 2007 Travel Scholarship
Received a travel scholarship to attend the ACM conference on Electronic Commerce.
- 2007-2008: Microsoft Research and Microsoft Live Labs Fellowship – finalist
Selected as one of the 62 finalists from a pool of over 190 nominees.
- 1995-1997: Boursier General du Gouvernement Français – Bourse d’Excellence
Full scholarship from the French government for the first two years of undergraduate studies. It is named the “Excellence Scholarship” for it is awarded only to exceptionally promising foreign students.
A maximum of two are awarded per year to Mexican students.
- Summer 1995: The United States of America Department of Energy High School Honors Research Program At the Fermi National Laboratory (Fermilab).
This program was designed to give a first hand approach to research on particle physics to gifted high school students from each state of the United States. American students attending were selected through the Governor’s Offices of Education of each state. Less than ten students from six other countries were invited to attend the program.
- June 1995: Lycée Franco Mexicain – Baccalauréat Scientifique “Valedictorian”
Finished first out of around 60 students